Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if anyone heard, but the people who made freedo is bring it 3do to dreamcast. Here is some stuff that he mention:

DC as you know has 2 cpus, SH4 and ARM7 (inside AICA), also it has PVRII graphics engine., now let's check functions of every chip while running FreeDO :
1. AICA (ARM7) deals with 3DO DSP emulation, using precompiled set of instruments, used in 3DO. means -- every time 3do DSP is loaded with some program, Freedo converts the DSP program into AICA program by merging together readily precompiled programs from library. Also AICA deals with decompression of compressed ziso

2. SH4 deals with 4 parts --
a) dynarec ARM60 emulation. 3do cpu runs at 12 MIPS ---- SH4 runs at 200 MIPS, dynarec efficiency -- 2:1,means in average 2 SH4 commands to 1 3do command.
b) converting CEL+Projector+VDLP programs into series of PVRII commands, converting textures if necessary
c) porting of 3DO FIFOs into SH4 SQ sequences
d)handling periferals
3. PVRII -- requires whole book about ways of implementing other console emulation on it. This chip architecture allows nearly straight forward convertion of CEL+VDLP programs. It's volume modifiers allows to perform all functions of Pixel Processor from 3do.

It should be release before 2006, might be sooner, who knows. He was suppose to release it on the 21st, but i guess something happen. But either way it should be good. :thumb:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I don't know a single thing about the 3DO, but seeing there is interest in it, I think it's about time for me to post about other DC emus than only Nintendo and Sega ones. :)

I have read about this emulator at the regular place, but I didn't know there would be much interest in it because I never hear anyone talk about it.

Are there any special games on 3DO which are considered classics?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts

Maybe I get the chance to play a few games once the emulator is completed, there are few good games from what I can see by reading the reviews.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.