Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,032 Posts
Well I officially crapped my pants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,776 Posts
Im not very impressed by the second shot but the first one is breathtaking :0 Impressive
 

·
No People, No Problems
Joined
·
648 Posts
Would you mind telling me where i can buy one of those guns, i have this very annoying neighbour....
Really cool i will probably have to buy a new gfx card to run tha "Big Mama"!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Metalmurphy said:
Im not very impressed by the second shot but the first one is breathtaking :0 Impressive
I think the second shot will be more impressive in motion. All the foliage are animated and all have soft self shadowing. The scene also makes use of HDR. 3dmark 2k5 will also feature SM3/sm2b for video cards that are compliant with it. But no 3dc. Instead it uses Dxt5.
 

·
CoLD InSiDE
Joined
·
2,615 Posts
U know, what these screen shots represent, they represent that I am in need of a new PC:p
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
hmmmmmmm........
not bad ;)
considering how 3dmark 2k3 ran here, I think this won't do uhm...much at all.
;)
 

·
Canadian Spaceman
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Looks nice, but its just another cash grab to force us to buy new video cards again >_<
 

·
Crasher of Castles
Joined
·
7,016 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Looks nice, but its just another cash grab to force us to buy new video cards again >_<
...no program MAKES you buy new video cards, especially not a benchmarking program :p. I feel pity for anyone who buys a new video card because a benchmarking program doesn't run right, and not for games or whatever you may use them for.
 

·
Emulation to the max!
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
WOW... I don't think even the new Nvidia and ATI cards could do that kinda stuff... That's almost real world rendering.
 

·
Canadian Spaceman
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
...no program MAKES you buy new video cards, especially not a benchmarking program :p. I feel pity for anyone who buys a new video card because a benchmarking program doesn't run right, and not for games or whatever you may use them for.
Heh, I guess I am more angry at how ati/nvidia justify $800 (CAD) for a video card. Now only if volari would kick it into high gear and come out with some real competition.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I won't upgrade again anytime soon....
I still even didn't finish the first splinter cell; I'm way behind ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,338 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Heh, I guess I am more angry at how ati/nvidia justify $800 (CAD) for a video card. Now only if volari would kick it into high gear and come out with some real competition.
They don't. The high-end cards are mostly for show but they don't expect many people to buy them. On the other hand I think someone mentioned somewhere that high-end cards are better value in the long run. I did get my GeForce 6800 GT with that in mind and it looks to do just that;).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
oh boy: Geforce 6800 atleast.......(looks impressive )
 

·
Nobody Knows Him
Joined
·
526 Posts
MAN!! what a perfect picture for a sig! :p



fivefeet8 said:
The next 3dmark looks mighty impressive.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top