·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ,

Ok I got most of the speed qeustion sorted out. However the
readme of Pete's opengl plugin states that one must put
the 3dfxopengl32.dll in the emulator's main directory. I have looked
but I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where I can find this file ??

Thanx

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Do you have a 3dfx voodoo video card? If not then there's your problem.. I think petes is referring to voodoo users.. Now if you do have a 3dfx voodoo card then the file should be in the c:\windows directory.. Or you can do a search for the file in your c: drive using the file search option.. Start, find...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it only for Voodoo ??

Do I only need it for a Voodoo card ??
I have a Geforce Pro 3D card.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
petes ogl pluggin should work ok with your video card.. You don't need to do that file move.. You won't have the file anyways.. Its only in the windows directory if you have a voodoo card.. You will have a ogl.dll file in your windows directory though.. Just make sure you got the best drivers for your video card and it will work fine.. Have you even tried it yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have found an opengl32.dll in my windows system dir that
I copied to the emulator directory and it seems to work fine.
The only thing that bothered me is that the readme said that
file is very slow and I didn't know if I definetly needed the
other one for my Geforce or not.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Don't copy it... you have a GeForce, that thing has hardware OpenGL support. That opengl32.dll that you're copying, it's MS's OpenGL implementation done in software.... it's slow.

You don't need to modify your system settings... leave everything as it is, do not need to copy any .dll into your directory.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
3dfxopengl.dll is only present for voodoo1/2 owners. It manages to use the voodoo accelerator(secondary card) for opengl programs. If you have a voodoo banshee/3 or newer or a non-3dfx card, then you don't have and don't need the file.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts