Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

As of lately I have been playing several 3D ds games on No$Gba (FFIV, FFCC, Zelda PH) and I noticed that compared to the real games running on the DS the graphics really look either pixelated or unfaithful color-wise etc.

I tried with and without filters applied, with and without zoom and the problem still remains.

Has it anything to do with the DS low native resolution image displayed on a higher res screen for example?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the games ARE pixellated.
the screen is just far smaller and the pixellation is not apparent.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
The OpenGL renderer gives a somewhat smoother quality at a tradeoff to speed.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Has it anything to do with the DS low native resolution image displayed on a higher res screen for example?
That's exactly it. The zooming tools offer filters to alleviate it but nothing looks as good as 1:1 eventhough that gets real hard to read on a PC screen. My personal favourite compromise is playing a game with the myZoom or No$Zoomer addons and using 2X the screen size with bilenear filtering enabled. If you don't multi-task and on play the DS game there's also the method of using XP/Vista/7's compatibility mode to temporarily resize your screen to 640x480 when playing which makes your actual screen handle the scaling which also looks better than just plain stretching but obviously this method can be a bit of a bother.

Of course though as with any emulator that's nowhere near completion (eventhough development is dormant) yes there could also still be actual rendering glitches. Just because an emulator is no longer being developed does not mean it has reached perfection, if you hang around emulation for longer you will soon see that 100% perfection all the time is almost always a goal that is never achieved anyways.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
have you considered no$gba doesnt use accurate 3d rendering to make the games run faster, try other emulators and consider the fact you are running ds games on pc hardware meaning different hardware entirely including the monitor used to display the game before complaining or a comparison...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.