1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Interesting, but only sitting a few feet away from my screen kind of makes this awkward...if it was made for my TV for movies and console gaming, then that would be hot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Head tracking would be way more pimp. I'm still waiting to see that incorporated into a game demo.
its already done cauz this monitor is delivered with Quake3 3D drivers ==> playing a 3D Quake3 :D

Interesting, but only sitting a few feet away from my screen kind of makes this awkward...if it was made for my TV for movies and console gaming, then that would be hot.
at this rate i think we will see 3D 42" LCD TV's soon so don't worry ;)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Head tracking would be way more pimp. I'm still waiting to see that incorporated into a game demo.
It was supposed to be in Boom Blox, but that bastard Steven Spielberg removed it.

I might be more interested in this if the article was in a language I could read. :p

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
There are already tvs that can kinda do this on the market. But the nice thing about them is you no longer have to sit directly infront of the tv for the effect to work properly.

·
4,713 Posts
This isn't really new news. They already have tvs on the market where you don't need to wear the stupid polarization glasses.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This isn't really new news. They already have tvs on the market where you don't need to wear the stupid polarization glasses.

a link plz

·
4,713 Posts
The "3D Ready" HDTV List

You know I think I was wrong about the last statement. I went to a product knowledge orientation where each of the major companies (eg samsung, sony, etc) were talking about their technologies and i remember one of them talking about 3d display technology and no longer needing to sit directly infront of the tvs and no longer needing the polarization glasses, but he may have been referring to upcoming technologies that aren't yet really in the marketplace, but are on the horizon. So much information that day I might have gotten some of my facts mixed up.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
played w/ a 3d monitor @ Fry's the other day for about 30 sec. it was running a Dirt non playable demo. cool for the wow-factor, but wouldn't want to look at it for more than...30 sec.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts