Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I see many games which on PC & PS
For EX.Final Fantasy 7-8
In PS version 3D model which enhanced by emulator (ePSXe)
It shaking not still but in the same game in PC version
3D model is stll not shake like in PS (ePSXe).
Can emulator make it still like PC version???

S

·
0 Posts
Um, I'm not exactally sure what it is you're asking. But if you are asking whether or not an emulator (like ePSXe) can display the game as well as the PC version, then the answer is yes it can. FF 7 on ePSXe actually looks better than FF7 on PC, I know I have both versions. The same is true for the game Darkstone, better on ePSXe than on PC. I hope this what you were asking about.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well not extractly what I mean..........
I mean 3D model FF7 in PS which enhanced by ePSXe is shaking but in PC version 3D Model is still.
Can emulator make it still like PC version???

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Do you mean the graphics in FF7 on epsxe are kinda shaky, but FF7 on PC displays steady graphics? If so I don't think there's anything you can do about it. You might try running FF7 on epsxe at 320x240 with out bilinear filtering, but that will look really bad and probably won't help(you might as well play on a PSX).

Well at least maybe someone who knows a real answer will understand the question now.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
he means perspective correction (Moving/floating triangles/polygons) and no there is nothing ePSXe can do about it., PSX games aren't coded for it. Pc ports on the other hand, are coded for it.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
as silly it sound's it's true most games avaible for PC & PSX , the PSX games are better then the PC version

S

·
0 Posts
not really...
depends on it...
psx ports often turn out worse on pc, that's true...because the game was originally designed for psx hardware....sometimes ports are rushed, making them buggy, or the game's not popular on pc because 'real' pc games look better and are made especially for pc...

however, with many games it's different, for example the nfs series. They're not really ports; the pc versions look and play better IMO.

this is not 100%, but most of the time the jap. psx> pc ports aren't that good and the american /european games released on both pc and psx are most of the time better on pc, IMO.

S

·
0 Posts
Excuse me Adair, but I answered the question that I thought he was asking, as best as I could. If you care to notice, I did admit that I wasn't quite sure what he ment, but I took a stab anyway in order to try to help him out. It is not necessary to get digs:mad: in against people, especially when they are only tying to help. Thank you!
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I think I should go back to 6 grades to learn English again :smash: :D :smash: lol
Thank you for all comment.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Excuse me Adair, but I answered the question that I thought he was asking, as best as I could. If you care to notice, I did admit that I wasn't quite sure what he ment, but I took a stab anyway in order to try to help him out. It is not necessary to get digs:mad: in against people, especially when they are only tying to help. Thank you!
sx/amiga
sx/amiga, I meant no offense toward you. The part about someone being able to give a real answer wasn't worded well. I just thought that he was saying the answer you gave didn't apply to his problem and I was trying to reword the question. Again I'm sorry and I've always appreciated your help when I had questions.
My apologies,
Adair

S

·
0 Posts
My apologies too Adair. I guess I blew up too quickly. Lets just forgive and forget and I'll watch my temper from now on. Take care.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 11 of 11 Posts