Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I got bad problems with my 3D card for ePSXe. Each time I try to start playing Tekken 3, the program crashes. I'm using Pete's video plug-ins and tried them all, in every setting forms I could have tought of. Still nothing, each time I try to play a game the program crashes. Here's my system specs:

AMD-K6 450 MHZ
Windows 98 SE French Edition
3D Prophet 4000 XT 32 MBit 3D/Video Card
Sound Blaster Pro 16
64 MB Ram
Atapi 56x CD-Rom

I also use a Gravis Gamepad Pro to play, I don't know if this could cause an incompatibility to the program (seen it happen sometimes with my friend's Sidewinder). I'd be glad to take any forms of (polite) help from anyone. Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
There's a fix for Tekken 3 with ePSXe? I Never knew that before ...

So far Tekken 3 works with no problemo at all with ePSXe on my system

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Tekken 3 Special fix is the "Long DMA fix" option. However, it only works for the big pauses between the fights. If you are not even getting into a fight, probably the special fix won't work at all. Try changing the cd plugin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm... Well looks like every games crashes for me. I really have no ideas why tho. And Bleem! crack version totaly sucks, too many bugs and all that. I don't want to have to buy an emu (yes I did own a PSX before, and some ass stole it). Does anyone else around has a 3D Prophet and can play ePSXe with it? Cause so far I've never seen it work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wait guys, nevermind.
Thanks to the one that told me to change my CD-Rom plugin, that was the thing that made everything else crash. Thanks a lot dude, you got me out of a foxhole :D
The only "problem" is the speed of the 3D Card, I used it with OpenGL plugin since it's nearly as powerful as a GeForce 2 32Mbit. Would it be better that I lower it down to Soft mode? Not software, but the plugin that's compatible with most other 3D cards out there. 'Cause even Crash Bandicoot (one of my all time favorites mind you) has speed problems. So what should I do for my 3D Card?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I tend to think it's not the video card that's the problem.. I think it's the CPU. I don't think a K6-450 can feed data fast enough to the graphics card to render.

Try playing at a lower resolution. If it's still as slow as playing at a high resolution, that means your CPU is maxed out, while your graphics card is waiting for data to render.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts