Next Generation Emulation banner

32MB Riva TNT2 M64 pwnz j00!

4K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  hushypushy 
#1 ·
Since my 9800xt had a little acident i had to switch back to my old card. TNT2 M64. And this card suprised me. It runs many of the most recent games, PES4, HL2, Flatout. oO Impressive.

And HL2/CS:S runs at steady 15-25 fps. :p And dont forget i have a crappy CPU.

#3 ·
So this means Kaiser only had to upgrade his CPU and could've kept his TNT2 :p

Same goes for me, I still have a TNT2 as well. I'm still satisfied with it since I can run Snes games and desktop applications and don't play pc games :heh:

#6 ·
Yeah, but look at how bad everything looks. :/ I wouldn't say it pwnz by any means.

#7 ·
Lol somehow when i saw ur nick i knew you would say something like that. :p

Dont forget this card is from 1999, thats like 5 years. Its running games made 5 years after it. I wanna see another 5 year card doing this.

#8 ·
I remember my ye olde TNT2 M64..I swear I coulda cooked breakfast using the heat that thing made (it had no fan on it and I was too lazy to go get one) Now my ye olde Ti 4200 is probably gonna bite the dust soon, having BSOD's all the time from overheating. But that just means I can get a 6800 GT.

#9 ·
Metalmurphy said:

Dont forget this card is from 1999, thats like 5 years. Its running games made 5 years after it. I wanna see another 5 year card doing this.
The NES could :p

@ cooliscool: Like Metal said, it's better to play it this way than not being able play it at all:). And a game isn't about graphics alone. Too bad about the low FPS :(

Edit: I'm surprised that the games allow you to play them. I had a demo of BloodRayne and it didn't allow me to play the game because my TNT2 didn't have hardware T&L.

#10 ·
Yeah i dont even play them. Its more the fact the game runs that impressed me. Altough some of them dont run (SW Battlefront, Toca Race Driver 2, PoP). :p

All i play now is Lemonade Tycoon ^^. Im getting my 9800xt back next week though.

#11 ·
Metalmurphy said:

I intended to put a smilie at the end of my comment, suppose I forgot. :p

#12 ·
I would show off what my integrated 2x 4meg agp ati rage pro turbo could do,but those games won't run with it:(.

#16 ·
hushypushy said:
i actually have a TNT M64, that thing is crap...i remember trying to run ePSXe with it and hella struggling...my sister still plays simple games on it like The Sims
It runs Sims 2 ;) And its pretty playable as well.

#17 ·
Man, and I thought I was the only person who still had a TNT2 M64 as a backup :p

#20 ·
Kaiser Sigma said:
Yeah... because my X800 Pro is no match for my TNT2 :p

I still have my TNT2 stored somewhere... that thing served me for 5 years with no problems whatsoever... hardware these days don't last that much.
I certainly hope mine will last some more years as well, I also have it for 5 years now and I heard that the AGP slots on newer mobo's have changed compared to the ones from 6 years ago. Meaning I would need a new rig when only one piece of hardware fails me :???:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.