Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
320 x 224 is obviously the perfect resolution for PSX, but I am having a problem. See, when I play a game (specifically FFVIII) with the 320 x 224 resolution. The screen does not actually look perfect, as some text look a bit blurred and some other part. Like this:

So I wonder why? What can I do to fix this issue?

Edit - Lol, sorry. I uploaded the image in 128 bit colour.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
It doesn't look blurred to me. If you're talking about on the right, are you sure it doesn't just appear that way to the eye since the gradient behind it contrasts differently on the two sides? That's how it looks. If anything, that looks sharper than in actuality since the game is supposed to be "blown up" to a larger size on a blurry television. I have to admit, playing at 320x224 is, should I say, "daring"? Why not play it 640x480 and use filtering/screen smoothing?

Edit: I was referring to the speech text box above. I just realized you may be talking about the gas station sign? If so, it's supposed to look like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't look blurred to me. If you're talking about on the right, are you sure it doesn't just appear that way to the eye since the gradient behind it contrasts differently on the two sides? That's how it looks. If anything, that looks sharper than in actuality since the game is supposed to be "blown up" to a larger size on a blurry television. I have to admit, playing at 320x224 is, should I say, "daring"? Why not play it 640x480 and use filtering/screen smoothing?

Edit: I was referring to the speech text box above. I just realized you may be talking about the gas station sign? If so, it's supposed to look like that.

Yeah, it always shows like that. No matter what the dialogue is. The vertical gap always show this blurring effect. :/

This is not the first time that has occured to me. I used to play MapleStory (PC) that didn't support Windows Mode. So I used dxwnd on it, and there's this vertical gap that shows the blurring effect. Some other users had the same problem. But a later version of dxwnd or so, the problem was fixed. I dunno what exactly caused the issue.

I like to play on the perfect resolution, though =(

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
What does it look like with the text box in another place on the screen? If it's still just the furthest right text in the box that appears the most blurry, then as I said, I would think this is why.
Lord Zedeck said:
If you're talking about on the right, are you sure it doesn't just appear that way to the eye since the gradient behind it contrasts differently on the two sides?
That, in combination of being how the plug-in is rendering it, would likely be what's causing this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.