Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have checked my cpu's clock using a program and it tells me my cpu is running at 133 mhz, im really confused since the shopkeeper told me my cpu is 266 fsb.....

Am i conned or ... ?

Also, when i turn on my comp, the bios will show me my dram clock is 266 fsb, but when i use the program to test my ddram speed, it says it is 133 mhz ...????

Can anyone plz enlighten me ??? im not good at computer stuff ...

Btw, does that appear Athlon 1.4 gig with 133 fsb ??? ( if it does exists... i think im conned...)

p/s my motherboard support 266 fsb

Athlon 1.4
motherboard : Msi k7t266 pro ddr
128 ddr ram

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
dont worry it is running @266mhz its just it use the same technology to get this as the ddr ram (ie it passes info on the up and down pass..ddr=double data rate)
what ive stated might not be exactlly correct but its the general jist....
Get scisoft sandra and run it on your system ,it will show how fast your comp is running ,fsb,etc..

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I'm not really sure, but I think that the software is reading the nominal fsb clock. However, as it is using DDR tecnology, it sends two instructions per clock, resulting in an effective clock of 266MHz. I'm not sure about that, though.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah, it s due to the architecture of the athlon (I think it s called ev6 architecture , I m not sure though)

(BTW, since U are using a K7T266 Pro mobo (like mine), I suggest U to flash your bios w/ a new version ASAP, and remember to change your settings on the bios for the ram clock (default is 200 mhz, and I suppose U have some 133 mhz ram sticks **update** I meant 133mhz DDR sticks :) )

Bye

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi all,

thx for telling me :)

btw , Rargh, i have already updated the bios the first day i bought the new cpu :)

After i have updated the bios, it appear 2 more options , which are : "read to write delay" and "write to read delay" ,do u know what they actually do ? i have et the read to write delay to disable and read to write delay to 0.

hmmm, i think this mobo is kinda good. :)

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
DDR
Double Data Rate transfers allows for data to be fetched on both the rising and falling edges of the clock thus doubling the effective transfer rate of the clock. For example a 100MHz DDR clock would achieve a peak transfer rate equal to that of a 200MHz clock. The effective transfer rate is equal to the clock frequency multiplied by the bus width, doubled.

This is technically what DDR is.. So a 133 mhz FSB actually runs at a 266 mhz.. FYI, the P4 uses a quad pumped 100 mhz FSB resulting in a 400 mhz FSB.. DDR ram runs at 133mhz double pumped to 266mhz...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts