Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that the GeForce2 has this. Could somebody please explain to me what it means when it says that a graphics card has 256-bit graphics architecture? Is it the color capabilities in conjunction with some other stuff?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
The first 256-bit graphics architecture is for Matrox G400 but it not real 256 bit architecture but casuse they use daul bus 128x2 =256
I don't know this much.Onemore thing I can say about this is whatever you use resolution and colors you will got same speed in Desktop.
But the first real 256-bit graphics architecture is GeForce256 (I don't know about MX maybe they use 128 bit).I think 256-bit graphics architecture is wider pipe and can send data faster than 128 bit.That is all I know:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
i think that enigma pretty much hit it right on the nose

256 bit is a wider bus line and thus can recieve and send info faster
for example, more cars can fit on a 4 lane high way than a 1 lane road. I am totaly simplifying this concept but its best to understand it terms of real life than in terms of computers that you may not know much about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.