Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSP - a 250 euros portable

<div>After the successful launch in Japan and the USA, Sony today announced a release date for their latest product, the Playstation Portable (PSP) in europe: Local gamers will have to wait until the 1st of september to get ahold of the new device, as Sony wanted to make sure that there're enough units available for the launch in the USA.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Furthermore, Sony announced that the PSP will sell for 249 Euros (179 pounds). For this price, the gamer will get a neoprene case, a wrist strap, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo and some other small goodies. The contents are the same as in the "value pack" from the USA, which ships for only 249$ (~ 195 €).</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>To expensive? Worth the wait? Feel free to leave your comments in our <a href="http://www.ngemu.com/forums/index.php">forums</a>.</div>

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
yes well, very interesting but i thought this was an emulation site, not another console's site

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Yet, we mainly emulate consoles, so those two things go along quite well. ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
About the price: It sucks seeing it costs 30% more when compared to the price in the US.

Not that it was my intention to buy it on the first plice, but's it's a certain turndown to see that we have it shipped as the last region (as usual) while it's 30% more expensive as well :(

·
5,797 Posts
MaZa said:
Yet, we mainly emulate consoles, so those two things go along quite well. ;)
but of course, i mean there is no problem on what is the topic on the site, just in the front page? i dont think so thank you very much

·
Registered
366 Posts
Its big news for us UK people. I'd prefer to see more news on the site even if it is not exactly 100% relevant.. at least we get news on here again!

·
5,797 Posts
so, ur point is... is better to have news not being emu news rather than not news at all?

cant argue with that

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
* Lady said:
but of course, i mean there is no problem on what is the topic on the site, just in the front page? i dont think so thank you very much
Oh, errr, right. :) Just noticed it was in frontpage. :lol:

·
5,797 Posts
is that anakin in your avatar? pretty ehr... non-quality nice avatar :p

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
'tis offered for 347 CAN ( without tax ) here. Too expensive if you ask me.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
I think importing one to Europe might actually be cheaper, AND as a bonus you don't have to wait 'till september.

·
I'll tear your soul apart
84 Posts
...and if you preorder and import one from the us you get spiderman 2 movie on umd as bonus. (well who cares about the movie but hey it's a bonus :p)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
* Lady said:
Yup. Just printscreened from EP3 trailer and showed him some scissors, tried some editing and ended up screwing up compression values without backup of original edit. :lol:
I suck in painshopproing, so if somebody is willing to make a better one from same scene, i would be so happy. :p

·
5,797 Posts
ok, you missed the point, it is related of course it is, i just dont see it making too much good in the frontpage

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What is it doing bad? I myself was immediately interrested in this piece of news, as it directly affects me - and many things we will cover on this site in the future. It's not as we're hyping something here or as if we'd stop reporting about emulation, it's just a welcome addition imo.

But everyone is of course allowed to have his opinion on this :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Samor said:
I think importing one to Europe might actually be cheaper, AND as a bonus you don't have to wait 'till september.
PSP wireless: clueless?
Web posted on 27/4/05 Sony clears up the confusion over PSP Wi-Fi issues. Thankfully.
After yesterday's proper, above board and official announcement of the PSP release date and price, Sony have today set the record straight on how the wireless side of their lil' handheld beauty will work. This is in response to the murmurings about possible region-to-region clashes between PSPs bought in different parts of the world, and the claim by some that there will be region coding for games, so that you won't be able to play games bought anywhere other than the country in which you bought your console.

"Piffle!", say Sony (you'll have to understand, we're paraphrasing here), who have set our minds at ease by affirming that games will not be region coded - there will be a worldwide code system for games, and in fact Sony will not allow a game to be released that is locked to one region. So rest assured, if you can't wait till September and are tempted to try and get a PSP from overseas, you will be able to buy and play games from the UK. Phew. Sony have also verified that wireless capability does work between PSPs from different regions, so you won't be missing out there either.

However, what Sony have said is that UMD movies can and therefore probably will all be region encoded, as Sony will leave it up to the publishers to decide how to encode their discs. Why this is we are not so sure, but if one area of regional differences had to be sacrificed, we guess it would be this. Also, Sony reckon that for wireless gaming to work at its best, all players should be playing with a game disc from the same region. The reason for this is that, and we'll quote directly here as it'll be easier that way, "due to language and system issues, quality assurance procedures are done in each territory." Er... ok then!

So, in conclusion (is this a news story or an essay? - Ed) if you and your mate(s) didn't buy your PSPs in the same region, there will be NO problem using them to play wirelessly together, but you should be playing games that are all from the same region. If you bought your PSP elsewhere you will not be able to watch UMD films from s different region, but you can play games from absolutely anywhere. All clear now then? Good. What do you mean, "No"...?
importing would seem to be bringing a whole host of problems

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Chances are we will eventually be seeing emulators that play on PSP..It seems the two subjects will always be linked in some way..

just our 2 cents

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
* Lady said:
And...Avril sucks bigtime, wannabee rock kiddie... :guitar:

anyways, ontopic, i'm kinda dissapointed the PSP is gonna cost 250 euro's, that's damn expensive =\... compared to the DS.

But i might buy it ;) when 2 gb memsticks get affordable :p

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
bassbar said:
importing would seem to be bringing a whole host of problems
still; I'd probably be importing my games if that means I get them earlier and cheaper. But anyway, for now I'll be playing my DS... uhm, when there'll be new games for it, that is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts