Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. How do you Turn off Window's Security Center Off Entirly?? I tried turning EVERYTHING on it off. firewall and all, but the security center endlessly pops up saying "your computer might be at risk" I want to use my Mcafee Security Center By Default only. and Have The Windows Thing Off. how do i do this?

2. How do i Set window's explorer to view as list? Like telling it to view everything on the hard drive to view as list so i wont have to tell it to on every individual folder?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
1. Easy just open the security center, click "change the way security center..." on the resources part, and uncheck the three things.

2. Open the windows explorer go to a folder and put it the way you like it, then click "folder options" (i have Windows in spanish i dont remember if thats the name", then click on "view" and finally click on "Apply to all folders" or something like that.

i hope this can help you.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
In regards to 1, you could disable the security center completely by stopping the service and setting its startup mode to manual. Since you won't be using it at all, it makes sense to save the resources, right?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
To do what Flare said, Right Click on 'My Cpmputer' Then click Manage ... Go to 'Services and Applications' (at the bottom) Then double click 'Services' in the column next to it.

Looks for 'Security Center' and then Double Click on it then, where it says "Staup Type" choose 'Disabled'

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts