Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I Seemed to have remebered since i got the new seagate drive i still have that 40 gig maxtor drive lyin arround. I havent been using it cuz i dont have the right cable but im about to.I lost a good majority of my psd's (actualy all of them) when i moved to this drive, I havent touched the maxtor drive at all. it still has the old os on it. is their a way to get some data off that drive even though it has an os on it? cuz otherwise id be runing 2 differant os' on one system.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But its their a way to get the data i need from one hard drive to another?

EDIT

Im trying to load both the hd's at once so i can transfer the stuff from the 40 gig to the new one

·
Registered
331 Posts
didnt we go over this before? anyway, set the maxtor to slave and your main drive that you ahve the OS you want to boot on as master. turn on the computer, it SHOULD boot to the OS you want it to via the jumper settings on the hard drives, and then once you load up, go to my computer and then it'll display both of the drives there and just copy files from the maxtor over to your seagate.

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you're booting into XP, and have had any sort of fresh install since taking out the other drive, it won't boot up off the second hdd. The boot.ini file should only have the first OS listed, so, as they said, just make sure that your second HDD is on Slave (usually the next pin over). Then boot into your bios to make sure the HDD is recognized, boot, then all is good.
- Modem

·
Registered
184 Posts
Or you could get one of those USB hd kits kits from CompUsa. I got one for about $30 and it's got a 40gig Maxtor in it. That way you can use it anywhere you want. Storage on the go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts