Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry to use a whole block of thread-space for this one question... But whenever I try to load a ROM, No$GBA freezes, completely. When I try to go to a different program/tab/whatever, and come back, it maximizes and there's just a blank white screen...... Any help or tips I can use? Anything that'll help me out is appreciated!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Well... try to delete "NO$GBA.ini". :D

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You can't, at least "legally" (and with legally, I say with the rules of the Forums). :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can't be the ROMs, since this just started happening today. All my ROMs worked fine yesterday, and now nothing's even loading! *Sigh* I guess it isn't too late to try to dig up my DS, wherever it is. :(

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Anything you changed in the PCs settings since yesterday? Installed a new version of DirectX, maybe?

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi ive downloaded a copy of 2.6a and the cheat system just shows a blank screen no add code buttons at all its just blank and as soon as i click on f2 the short cut to the cheats section its still the same and ive tried over 6 different sites hosting the emulator isnt there a version that will allow the use of the cheat function??

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
1. Please don't hijack threads that have nothing to do with your problem.
2. 2.6a is donation-only, making its distribution on sites other than the developer's HP (this one) illegal; as is downloading its from anywhere but there.
3. Try 2.6 from said homepage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
look ive tried every version from 2.4e the 1st one to supposedly support cheats to 2,6a and so far no1 else has sed there cheat function works plus 2.6a is not licensed in any way due to its maker getting screwed by Nintendo for infringement 2.6a's distribution is a choice made by its creator only there is no copyright at all.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
look ive tried every version from 2.4e the 1st one to supposedly support cheats to 2,6a and so far no1 else has sed there cheat function works plus 2.6a is not licensed in any way due to its maker getting screwed by Nintendo for infringement 2.6a's distribution is a choice made by its creator only there is no copyright at all.
I don't see how does the copyright of no$gba has anything to do with Nintendo. The copyright of no$gba belongs to the author and to him only, since he created this emu. So how he distribute his work is up to him, and if you downloaded the donation version means that you are stealing his work.

Back on topic:

wwatkins, try moving your no$gba.exe to another folder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
omg so its an emulator for the nds hmmm it obv not illegally emulating there software so he cant get a license for it therefore it is not illegal and 4 your info i donated so i aint stealing noat i simply wish to know if eny1 has a no$gba that has a fuctioning cheat system and if they can pm were to get it from

and just so this is clear no$gba has no and will never attain any copyright or licensing due to the fact that creating the emulator itself is illegal without permission from Nintendo to allow emulation of their software so if u honestly believe this is legal+copyrighted softwere in any way please feel free to ask Nintendo or in fact the creator

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
copyright for no$gba =/= nintendo copyright and licencing
I think you may need to go look up the definition for copyright as you seem to have a somewhat skewed idea of what it is. An emulator does not steal anything, what it does is it pretends to be a device in such a way that another device can run it, all code used is entirely different from the original, it achieves the same, but it's entirely new custom code.

All versions since 2.5 have had fully working cheats without the need for any extra tools. How do I know that? Cuz I have successfully used numerous cheats with both 2.6 and 2.6a it's not our fault you have not figured out how to use it. For further info refer to the stickied FAQ.

By the way, if you're not happy with the legality of something then please feel free to stop using it, no one is forcing you to use no$gba, you made the choice to use it and if you made that choice you don't get to complain, you get to shut up and enjoy and hope for future improvements.

·
Registered
10 Posts
oh please i have no interest in people who cant answer a simple question and cant understand that its the emulator on its own that breaks the rule its wen the emulator illegally uses Nintendo software like the games it needs to run and such and i know ive got a law course under my belt here so no there is no copyright's to this or licensing . And i know how to use the stupid cheat system in case u dint read the posts i was asking if eny1 knew were to get a copy of no$gba that they knew had a working cheat function so i could replace mine

and another thing no real person involved with computing will take notice of sum1 who uses vista or windows 7 only noobs ^_^
like the people who cant change the values on online games to hack or wot not
eny1 who just believes there right shud keep there mouth shut and plz only people with an I.Q of 100+ plz i cnt stand reading post by people who r mentaly challenged for e.g 1 post up.

·
soshin
2,595 Posts
Right, first of all, you hijacked someone's thread with a problem that had no relevance whatsoever with what the original poster wanted to know.

Secondly, you stated that you downloaded the version of no$gba emulator that is not legally available anymore (the 2.6a) which is frowned upon in this forum because you are basically stealing from Martin. Again, look again at what is stated about copyright law.

Third, emulation is not piracy. The programmers steal nothing out of Nintendo to make the emulator. They program software to emulate how the real DS (in this case) would run in a personal computer. Emu authors are not pirates. Downloading firmware, ROM, or warez is piracy, while emulation is perfectly legal.

Fourth, you are mocking someone's IQ? Do you even understand the concept of Intelligence Quotient? Do you realize, my dear Sir, that one aspect of IQ, is verbal abilities, as it represents your cognitive capabilities of expressing your thought adequately using apropriate language, grammar and spelling? One which you yourself fail to provide in your post?

Please do not start mocking others because they only prove you wrong and stop humiliating yourself by that kind of charade you call a post.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
godofwrath, I just have this to say : punctuation.
Oh and, thread closed :)
Not without me getting my word in it\'s not :p

oh please i have no interest in people who cant answer a simple question and cant understand that its the emulator on its own that breaks the rule its wen the emulator illegally uses Nintendo software like the games it needs to run and such and i know ive got a law course under my belt here so no there is no copyright\'s to this or licensing . And i know how to use the stupid cheat system in case u dint read the posts i was asking if eny1 knew were to get a copy of no$gba that they knew had a working cheat function so i could replace mine

and another thing no real person involved with computing will take notice of sum1 who uses vista or windows 7 only noobs ^_^
like the people who cant change the values on online games to hack or wot not
eny1 who just believes there right shud keep there mouth shut and plz only people with an I.Q of 100+ plz i cnt stand reading post by people who r mentaly challenged for e.g 1 post up.

I don\'t care whether you have an interest in what I have to say or not, I am the moderator for this section so you will listen to me or face the consequences if you break any more rules.

No$gba does not use nintendo software. It runs it. There\'s a difference.
No$gba on it\'s own does not have a shred of nintendo software in it if it would then yes it would be illegal, but it does not so it\'s fine.

Besides even IF no$gba was illegal that does not mean you can simply steal it, two wrongs don\'t make a right.

As for Vista, that has nothing to do with this thread and only further proves your ignorance and the rest I won\'t even warrant with a response.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.