Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Amazing, I guess that's the word o_O

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Too bad it will be about as much as the cards its competing with AND you can only use it with sli boards...still may have uses though.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
It says you need an sli board, but it doesn't say if you can or can't SLi the Dual core gpu card as well. 8x2x2 = 32 pipelines. ;) Nvidia did say that their SLi can be with more than 2 cards.

Valcrist said:
Too bad it will be about as much as the cards its competing with AND you can only use it with sli boards...still may have uses though.
Actually, according to the article, it will be cheaper than both the x850xt and 6800ultra. Probably around the $400 mark.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
How much is this gonna break the bank?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well as fivefeet says it is around $400 and so would be a "little" bit more affordable in some sense, but not in the respects of consumer level i.e. $200 video cards. It is still quite formidable in terms of performance for price scenario, although if it is still at that range you might as well go all the way to the higher end teirs.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D.D. said:
i dont get why this wud need an SLi board tho...
Even though the gpu's are on one board, they are still in sli thus needing an sli board.

'8: I just heard at neowin that you couldnt have two of thoes cards in sli, though we all know how well word of mouth can be trusted these days :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
It would be nice to see nVidia making more use of thier scaleable architecture like this. Sort of like 3dfx tried befre thier demise, but with the added benefit of being able to strap in a further card to give it a bit more oomph

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Cool it event breaks the X850XT and 6800U 3DMark03 scores.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Typhoon 01 said:
Cool it event breaks the X850XT and 6800U 3DMark03 scores.
True it does, but not by some huge margin. What would really be awesome is 2x 850xt's or 6800u's ;) (On one pcb)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Reichfuher said:
True it does, but not by some huge margin. What would really be awesome is 2x 850xt's or 6800u's ;) (On one pcb)
Well, given it's cheaper, it has potential to be a huge success.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts