Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 5 years of inactivity, 1964 finally gets an update. This release makes it to version 1.0 and comes with a shiny new source code, replacing the old 0.8.5 release.

Improvements:

* Kirby's face doesn't stay smashed in with block-linking set to on in Kirby64 - The Crystal Shards.
* Loading from a save state would sometimes cause the audio to disappear.
* LLE RSP audio plugin (1964 audio 2.7). We created a code generator that reverses RSP microcodes to C. The generated C source is provided but we are not currently releasing portions of the code generator that creates the C files (namely Gerrit's DSP opcode source). Fear not, we provided enough for you to build the project.
* Speed - although running with the RSP LLE audio plugin will slow things down.
* Plenty of other things I am forgetting since it's been so long.

Download including the source code and compiled binary of the emulator are here- http://1964emu.emulation64.com/1964_11.rar

1964 - News

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I couldn't find the binary, only the source?

·
dr emulator (madmax)
240 Posts
do you just extract the source over the top of the older 1964

and what the hell was that rubbish when you try this (Download including the source code and compiled binary of the emulator are here)
http://1964emu.emulation64.com/1964_10.rar 404 error info cannot be found
I suppose you think this is MY fault?
is that supposed to be a joke ?:angry:well i didn't find it funny
anyway cheers to them for releasing the source it'll keep me busy for a few hours:D :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The 404 error was nobody's fault really. They changed the URL download link slightly to 1.1 instead of 1.0. Dunno why but I don't think anything was altered. I updated the link so it should work.

And the binary for the emulator is inside the download. Just open the archive and the current release is in this path-
/1964_11/bin/Release/
Extract the files you see there. Those are the emulator release files.

EDIT- Schibo on emutalk said he changed the link because he "accidentally released an experimental compiler in version 1.0 which breaks games like Perfect Dark and Banjo Tooie." So redownload the file if you got the 1.0 version.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Thank you.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
because they didn't feel like it :rolleyes:

most likely because it was a mess.

·
Resident Rabble Rouser
174 Posts
Effing awesome. If anybody takes on the source and continues work, please let us all know!!! I'd love to see it released with Mudlord's latest Rice plugin integrated, and/or Glide64 and reworked inis. I bet lots more roms will have a green dot now!!

·
Magitek Elite
250 Posts

I tried using this emulator, and it froze and I could shut that one down. I ended up staying on the PC with it open (I was too lazy to shut down and turn it back on :lol:)

I think I'm gonna give it another shot ^^

·
Magitek Elite
250 Posts
I really hope it's the beginning of the revival of N64 emulation

I hope so too.
Majora's Mask still has problems.
>.<

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I just wonder how much interest exists in N64 emulation? I like my "real" N64 even though it's in the closet, and I don't play it much, but I have some "newer" games that are taking my attention...

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
i don't think there's much interest.
the main games people like to play are the nintendo exclusive titles (mario, zelda, pokemon, super smash bros), and a few n64 classics like golden-eye.

since most these games have worked on n64 emus for years, i don't think there's much interest in advancing n64 emulation.

IMO, psx has a lot more 'great' titles than n64. but even that isn't as active emulation-wise as it was years ago.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Project64 1.7 is still in development. The beta according to reports and videos is already really far and nicely made. The website hasn't been updated in months though. Real life takes priority.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.