Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 17" KDS @view monitor (K780) monitor.

When I set the resolution of my monitor to 1024x768 with a dpi of 120 my eyes start to burn after reading the screen for about 10 minutes.

Increasing the size of the fonts in my web browser doesn't seem to help.

When I set the resolution back to 800x600 I don't seen to have with tired eyes.

I don't what could be causing the issue with reading at 1024x768.

Does somebody have suggestions on how to configure my monitor at 1024x768?

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
I have a KDS LCD monitor too... K717s (was on sale at Office Depot :D). Had been using 1024x768 ver since I got it. Easier to read than the 17" Compaq CTR monitor I was using.
You can try enabling Clear Type font smoothing. It's suppose to make letters easier to read, but I don't use it.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I use a 96DPI on that resolution. My secondary computer (the one I'm on now) is set to 1024x768, and it's only roughly a 14.5" screen and i can see fine. Then again, on a larger 17" monitor set to 800x600, the text must have been rather large (making you get used to it). Perhaps you just need time to adjust?

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lord Zedeck said:
I use a 96DPI on that resolution. My secondary computer (the one I'm on now) is set to 1024x768, and it's only roughly a 14.5" screen and i can see fine. Then again, on a larger 17" monitor set to 800x600, the text must have been rather large (making you get used to it). Perhaps you just need time to adjust?
I find that DPI at 96 makes the font smaller requiring eagle eyes to pick out the icons.

BTW, I don't have this issue with LCD monitors.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
couldent cranking up the refreshrate help also?

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Viper_Viper said:
couldent cranking up the refreshrate help also?
The highest refresh rate is 85.

WindHydra said:
I have a KDS LCD monitor too... K717s (was on sale at Office Depot :D). Had been using 1024x768 ver since I got it. Easier to read than the 17" Compaq CTR monitor I was using.
You can try enabling Clear Type font smoothing. It's suppose to make letters easier to read, but I don't use it.
Clear type has helped reading the fonts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts