Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right, i just started playing fire red the other day, but already have about 20 hours played, so im reluctant to start all over.
Anyways, i simply downloaded the vba 1.8.0 beta3 that was being recommended, not knowing that it would limit me on a great deal of pokemons.
So when i wanted to evovle my kadabra and found out i needed to trade it, i shortly after found out that i needed a vba link version, in which my save file doesnt work.

Ive tried 1.7.2 link version and 1.8 link version... on the 1.7.2, the game wouldnt start at all.
On the 1.8, the game starts, but immidiately the picture in vba goes purple and it freezes. This happens when i try to load the Pokemon - Fire Red1.sgm file.
The files Pokemon - Fire Red.sa1 and 2 doesnt respond at all... when i start the application and open Pokemon - Fire Red.GBA, that works fine... but when i try to import the sa1 file, nothing happens.

Now, ive tried to battle with this for a quite a few hours already, so i really hope that theres some kind souls who can help me :)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
where did you get the sa1 file from? Did you just rename the .sgm? Because that's wrong. .sgm is a Save State and usually isn't transferable between emulator versions (especially not backwards) so you would have to make a battery save (A save using the game's save menu as you would on a real GBA) which will create a .sav and with that you can then do the sa1 and 2 thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only mentioned the sgm to say that i had tried that aswell... obviously i didnt rename the sgm to sa1, dont be daft -_-

But as said, the sav files (wether renamed or not) does not work.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well we get all level of questions around here so that isn't quite as daft as you might think or at least asking the question isn't daft. And I have to ask another seemingly daft question...when you say nothing happens when you import then you are checking for a continue option at the game's start menu right? Not just expecting the game to magically load the save at that moment?

Perhaps try this: Run the game in VBA Link and create a battery save, then close the game and the emulator. Check where the save is and then replace it with your .sav from the normal version and check if that then loads right when you load the game in the emulator again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
late

this might seem a bit late but i've figured out how to transfer your save file from 1.8.0-beta3 to 1.8.0. So here's what you have to do. First, you save your game it the start option for it to be saved as *.sav. Then, you open and load Pokemon Emerald. After that, go to the File tab, Import, then Battery File... You then select the *.sav file from 1.8.0-beta3 and, VIOLA! You're game is now on VBA 1.8.0. Hope this helps!^^

·
Registered
1 Posts
t
late

this might seem a bit late but i've figured out how to transfer your save file from 1.8.0-beta3 to 1.8.0. So here's what you have to do. First, you save your game it the start option for it to be saved as *.sav. Then, you open and load Pokemon Emerald. After that, go to the File tab, Import, then Battery File... You then select the *.sav file from 1.8.0-beta3 and, VIOLA! You're game is now on VBA 1.8.0. Hope this helps!^^
thanks alot man , it worked XD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts