Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all. I'm kinda new to the whole PSX emulator thing...i started messing with it about a week ago, because it seemed convienient to be able to play my playstation games on my computer...turns out i was very wrong as it seems whenever i manage to solve one problem, another arises.
OK so heres my latest issue...I was playing FF9 and came to the spot where the airship takes off from Dali. The FMV froze....which i came to find out is a common problem on ePSXe 1.6.0 And I read a lot of suggestions to go to an older version of ePSXe, 1.5.2 to play FF9.
However when i downloaded 1.5.2 and tried to load the game, everything blew up to full screen and locked up. The program would then not respond and i'd get the old "Send Error Report?" message. nothing i tries seems to fix this....
So yeah....theres my problem. If anyone has a clue how to fix it i'd really appreciate it. :D

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
are you using the same plugins, BIOS, etc? also make sure that you unzip epsxe152 to its own folder, dont just place the 152 exe in the 160 folder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have been using the same plugins and such, i also tried different ones. And i did make a seperate folder for 1.5.2
Everytime i hit the button to load a game it just explodes and locks up, not even letting me load a game >_<

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
szAppName : ePSXe.exe szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 <--- the error message i got

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Try deleting the epsxe entries in the registry. Both versions use the same place in the registry, and sometimes epsxe can become confused.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
go to Run and type in regedit, and then go to search and look for epsxe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts