Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
What does one thing have to do with another?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
What's next ?? Obama's assassination ??
What does one thing have to do with another?
I guess suggesting the CIA would off Obama like in the old JFK/CIA conspiracy theory?

Anyway, it's foolish to prosecute intelligence agency personnel because in doing so makes their job political, whereby an interrogation that must occur may not achieve the desired results because the interrogators will be afraid they could be criminally prosecuted.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
There are pros and cons for either side, for disclosure and against. We as americans need to set examples, and follow the geneva convention. By disregarding it we put our own people in jeopardy if they were ever to be captured. And we only incite hatred if the interrogators sink as low as some reports are coming out. There is evidence such as in Abu Graib that almost half of the detainees were innocent. Similarly its been said that a umber of the gutmo detainees could be innocent. Couple that with the fact that there was suppression of the worst of the torture (such as genital mutilation) in Gutmo has still been kept from the public eye (the current collection of released photos from Abu Graib are not the worst).

While at the same time it would be a disaster for american government if certain things were discovered. It might alienate america further from some of its allies, unless of course they are willing to associate anything revealed with the bush administration and give the american government another chance under the obama administration.

Also as the article pointed out it breaches agreements with foreign allies.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Wait, what? oO

Pickle, when did you leave the regime?
Nah, i just consider myself in the same boat, thats all. Most of my relatives are Statesians anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.