Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to inform you all, Im afraid we wont be releasing 0.9 for Christmas.

The reason for this is so that Saqib and Shadow have to finish their exams at university during this month and this will give them time to really get stuck in before the release time, also 0.9 is having a rough patch at the moment, due to a lot of hack removals we have been having a bit of trouble emulating what it was hacking, so that really needs to be sorted out! you wouldnt want an uncompatable mess would you? :p

So me and shadow spoke about it (saqib wasnt about at the time) and thought that mid/late january would be a better option.

Refraction

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
Well, I knew that. The CVS hasn't been updated lately.

Have you considered releasing a 0.8.5 or something like that with the actual CVS? Is a good enough version...(and a good present for christmas too :D)

PD: Is Gabest working on GSdx9? I haven't seen him lately.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TWave said:
Well, I knew that. The CVS hasn't been updated lately.

Have you considered releasing a 0.8.5 or something like that with the actual CVS? Is a good enough version...(and a good present for christmas too :D)

PD: Is Gabest working on GSdx9? I haven't seen him lately.
i couldnt tell you about gsdx9, im not quite sure whats going off, but we have a newer version which will be released with 0.9, altho it will be basically the same as gsdx9 cvs.

and we have much newer code than CVS, the CVS still contains all the hacks that were present in 0.8.1, but we are trying to sort them out before we release it ;)

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Qwin said:
wy not i have more then enough to get the pcsx2 to work great

you really dont understand do you, ive tried a P4 3.6Ghz, an Opteron running at 2.8 (which is the equivilant of an intel running at 4.5Ghz) and PCSX2 speed still sucks.

so as bositman says, not a chance ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Quality over quantity. At least this will stop people from begging to PCSX2 for christmas. Well not all people, but most of em' :laugh: :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's nice to read development is still going on at full force.
But i do have question: why is it that in the days Linuzapps was still in the team the cvs was updated almost every day and now since he left we don't see any updates anymore. Is it a new policy of the dev team to not update the cvs too often anymore? Or is this to counter possible illegal binary releases ?
I liked the old way when we could follow the changes that were
made to the source to keep us curious-wanabe-emu-devers happy :)
Anyway keep the coding up.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Mostly becuase all those updates were mostly hacks (i love u linuzapps) and they are removing them and fixing the real problems. This is causing a lower compat problem but in the long run will be alot better for the emulator then having it full of hacks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@qwin:
i also have a new system, consisting of an AMD 4000+ (single core), a Gefroce7800GT, 2 GB Ram and the latest CVS build. Therefore I can tell you, no, this surely is nowhere near enough to "get a good work on the pcsx2".

[edit]whoops, didn't see there was a page 2 ;)[/edit]

·
Registered
24 Posts
First of all thanks for giving news about what has happened during this period.
It's easy to understand that after the leave of linuzpps, the pcsx2 would find new course. First of all i support your decision and consequences of it. Removing the hackes is in fact a goo thing because in pcsx2 if it want to emulate a logic/decison system, it has to have logic and no hacks just to make it work (although majority of persons know that emulating by reverse engeneering, can cause some bad taste, and probably there's the reason to have so hacks), the consequence is that it has a delay.

Has always, keep it up.

Thumbs up people.

P.S: By the wish them luck to their exams, i will have mine next month.. :(
P.S: can i ask to recycle cvs every 4 weeks, :) (can't resist)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.