Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· band
5,270 Posts
player-x are u sayign that azureus is still faster (im not sure if u were talking about faster as in just in terms of connecting to others or overall speed over time)?

· band
5,270 Posts
Player-X said:
due to Azureus connecting to peers faster than utorrent by about a few seconds the DHT also allows you to connect to peers that are not reported by the tracker so yes, overal Azureus is faster but at least I can play Generals with utorrent
i see...whats DHT? and if i need to enable it how do i do so (im still using azureus)?

· band
5,270 Posts
thanks for the update. it improved greatly on speeds but still not up to the level of azureus yet. but i have to say it looks very promising. i cant wait to try out v1.1.7 :)

· band
5,270 Posts
question : does utorrent have diskcaching to reduce HD thrashing? im thinking of completely switching over from azureus.

· band
5,270 Posts
thanks n_w95482. i thot it was that but from what ChaosBlade and Killjoy were saying i was expecting a check box of some sort. what value shud i put that at (because i think 500kb is the default)?

· band
5,270 Posts
yea plz post some configs. im using utorrent now but im getting lower speeds than azureus.

· band
5,270 Posts
on my 3mbit/384 connection it almost never stays maxed unlike azureus. mebe its time i gave ABC a try.

EDIT: chaosblade are u saying i shud enable those options? i was under the impression those wud make my downloads slower ~__~

· band
5,270 Posts
i think a combination of 1.1.6.1 and the tweaks chaosblade told me helped me get a lot better speed. i also set my cache thing from 500 to 2000kb :). byebye azureus !

· band
5,270 Posts
one little problem with utorrent: if i tweak the maximum connections, it crashes my router. i am forced to leave it at default 200 (i tried 250) whereas with azureus i am able to leave it at unlimited...

· band
5,270 Posts
utorrent is now in my opinion the best

1.1.7.2 gave me problems with my router when i had too many connections but 1.2 fixed all that. now its faster than before (azureus speeds), i can have even more connections, has more customization and still takes up no more than 14 megs of ram (i set a disk cache of 25 megs). most importantly, it doesnt hog up my internet connection on my router like azureus did : for some reason when im downloading at full speed on my lappy and i use the net on my comp, utorrent's speed decreases as if it knows its not high priority in terms of bandwidth O___O.

overall, utorrent i think has finally become the "mother of bt torrents" even if it doesnt improve any further. at a little over 100kb size (utorrent's "claim to fame"), this little client is amazing and im glad i gave it a chance and swtiched over from the azureus zealot camp.

i give it 10/10 :)

EDIT: i forgot to mention its very customizable and it has a built in easytouse (even i cud use it and i never used one before...) scheduler for setting limited upload/download rates :)

· band
5,270 Posts
im in toronto, canada and i have trouble with bt all the time now. it seems like the torrents never consistently keep above 20kb/s and i have no upload occuring. thats not all too, because when i leave bt on overnight, the internet dies and i have to reset the modem and router :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.