Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 222 Posts

· Miserable Bugger
1,094 Posts
Well I've used Azureus and found it to be very slow and poor connecting to seeds.

Bittornado is my client of choice but I'll try out this new one, I'm always on the look out for something that will let me download easier.

· Miserable Bugger
1,094 Posts
Does anyone else find that µTorrent renders the internet nigh on unbrowsable when you are downloading/uploading?

I usually download over night so I hadn't noticed it until recently but when I went to check my emails the server just kept timing out. So I went to use the website to check my emails and just could not get the page to load. Even simple sites took five or six refreshes to appear and even then sometimes not at all.

I shut µTorrent down and everything worked fine, both email and browsing. I use my old copy of bittornado and it lets me check email and browse the internet while downloading/uploading.

So does µTorrent just want all my attention on itself like a jealous lover or is this only happening to me.

Ps. I have a 2mb broadband connection and my upload speed is a relatively healthy 30kb/s.

· Miserable Bugger
1,094 Posts
Yeah but the thing is, the upload speed when I use µTorrent and bittornado is exactly the same, its always around 30kb/s or a little slower.

Only µTorrent seems to stop me browsing when I'm uploading at that speed, bittornado doesn't.

So I don't understand why when both programs give me the same upload speed, only one cripples the rest of my internet activity.

I think I'll keep trying versions of µTorrent as they get released to see if this problem sorts itself out but I see no reason to cripple my upload speed in µTorrent just to be able to browse the internet, when I can do that and upload fine in other programs.

1 - 3 of 222 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.