Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently discovered this wonderfull BitTorrent client, And had to share the secret. It's one of the best clients i've used, If not the best. It has all the features and whistles of Azureus (Minus the java\slow\unstable\resources usage), Weighs less then 100kB and uses no CPU time and barely any memory.

Has no install so you can throw it wherever you want, And so far, It's pretty well done with all the options ordered well, And the limits\connections working smoothly as possible.

I'm giving a warm recommendation to anyone who wants a very well done BT client to give this one a try. You won't regret it :)

µTorrent :: http://www.utorrent.com/

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe it is better then ABC, Because it uses less resources, has more options (afaik), and is updated more regularly.

There shouldn't be speed difference between properly configured clients, But it might happen since the code base and implementation of the protocol differ.

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Connections are a matter of configuration. Perheps Azureus' net code is more optimized, But i still prefer less resources (ALOT less), even if it takes a minute more to connect to the peers.

DHT tracker support is planned for µTorrent v1.2 as far as i know ;)

Kazuya Mishima: Yup, you redownload the torrent in the new client and select the partial files (or save to the same place you saved in azureus), and the client should scan the incomplete files and pick up from where azureus left. I would advise to make a copy of the files just in case something goes wrong (shouldn't really, but its a shame accidentlly ruining a few gigs of data).

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You can rest asure there is no trojan in this program. Every other antivirus clears it, and several software sites have tested and verified it to be clean (try looking for it in softpedia.com for example). Norton has become a very poor AV solution, with lots of false calls.

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The wonderfull thing about it is the developer commitment to LISTENING. He considers what the users are asking and tries to satisfy everyone while keeping true to the original goals of the client. I think thats a great attitude :)

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
That depends on your connection i guess. I have a 1.5mbit/128kbits DSL, And i run only one torrent at a time, 5 upload slots per torrent, 50 peer connections per torrent. I limit my upload at 75% which is 9kB/s here. Other then that, try the 'connect to peers slower' and 'lower cpu usage' modes which usualy help, especially the first.

I get good speeds with these settings on almost every torrent (swarm permits, that is).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.