NGEmu/EmuForums Rules of Conduct
The following rules apply to the EmuForums message board (located at Emuforums.com
) and its associated features, eg// profiles, private messages, emails, signatures, etc...
Any user that repeatedly violates these rules will be permanently banned from the board.
NGEmu staff may update these rules at their discretion so it is recommended to check back and review them as often as possible.
NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. Even if you own or have owned a game/console, downloading a commercial game/BIOS still illegal.
The law gives the owner permission to make backups of their discs provided it is still in their possession and has not been sold off or given away. Simply put, it has to be YOU'RE DISC.
When you download a game, you are downloading someone else's copy, and that is not what the law covers. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed and direct support will not be given from thereon.
Harassment / Flaming Policy
All forms of harassment are not permitted. Deliberately insulting or flaming other NGEmu board members is also prohibited. This policy applies to private messages as well as public forum posts. If you have a problem with another member it is recommended that you simply add the person to your ignore list and move on with life rather than get yourself in trouble.
Adult Material Policy
EmuForums is accessible to all age groups, so any material that is of an adult nature is not allowed. For a more detailed description as to what is and isn't considered adult please read "What do you mean by "adult material"?"
in our FAQ
Emuforums is a spam free forum. This includes member posted advertisements, cons, and pyramid schemes. All spam threads and signature content that is considered spam will be removed immediately and without prior consultation. For a more detailed definition of what we consider spam, please see the "What do you mean by "spam?"
entry in the FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This board has a FAQ system
. Here you can find answers to the most common board and emu related questions. It is asked that you check out it's contents before posting a question that may already be answered there.
The following guidelines are designed to help improve your chances in getting the information you need, whilst at the same time avoiding past mistakes that only help to annoy your fellow members.
- Check that your question isn't already answered. 90% of questions already are. Emuforums has a search and FAQ system to make this easier.
- Only one thread per question please. This allows us to follow up on other's replies.
- Don't bump old threads. Be patient and wait on an answer. If we don't know the answer the first time, it's unlikely we will the second.
- Do not create another thread after a previous one concerning the same or a similar topic was closed by a staff member. We do this for a reason and each subsequent thread made is considered a second (or third, etc., etc.) violation, so its best to adhere to staff member decisions.
- If you want to dispute or appeal such a decision then it recommended that you take it up *RESPECTFULLY* via PM with the mod who closed it. If you go off acting like an idiot throwing flames around after you have been cited for your inability to read and follow our rules then don't expect to get much help or sympathy from us.
- Please don't post messages in capitals. It is considered as shouting, and may be seen as an insult.
- Help us to help you. Tell us EVERYTHING when posting a problem, eg plugins, system specs, error messages, etc, no matter how inconsequential you think it is. It saves us having to ask and allows you to get you answer more quickly.
- Please try to post in English, as that way more people will understand your problem and be able to answer you.
- Don't revive long dead threads unless it is the exact problem you're currently having. In most cases, however, you should still create a new thread and include a link back to the older thread as a reference.
- Please keep your signatures small. Large signatures make the board look untidy and reduce performance for our 56k users. As a guide signatures should not be larger than 500x100x20k for signatures hosted on ngemu, or 500x130 in dimension and 25k in filesize otherwise. Please remember that advertisment websites and/or other content that is considered spam is not allowed either. Members who break these guidelines will have their rights to a signature removed.
Should you wish to contact us for any reason please see the site forum leaders page
for a list of current mods/admins and their contact details. Posts can be reported by clicking on the "report post" button at the bottom of each reply.
Last edited by jonc2006; September 25th, 2010 at 02:36..
Reason: added some more info on a few of the etiquette rules