By: Hard core Rikki
November 6th, 2012
Sony is apparently looking for experienced developpers to take on PS2 emulation on the PS3. This could bode well for either bringing back PS2 backward-compatibility for either disc-based titles or purchases from PSN.
Curiously, employment is offered at London/liverpool in particular. Wether a serious offer or a 'trap', time will tell.
PS2 Emulation Debug Engineer
Job Type: Temporary Booking
Salary/Rate: Dependant upon experience
Date Posted: 05/11/2012
Department: SCEE R&D
Closing Date: 16/11/2012
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proficient in C/C++ programming, and experienced working with assembly code (3+ years)
- PS2 platform experience: Have worked on one or more PS2 titles.
- Some familiarity with MIPS assembler.
- Knowledge of PS2 subsystems such as IOP, VU, VIF. (2+ years)
- Good ability to communicate results from debugging, verbally and in writing.
- PS3 development experience: Worked on one or more PS3 titles.
- Experience developing under Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience developing on multiple PS2 subsystems.
- Interest in video games and/or emulators.
7 comments on "Sony hiring PS2 emudevs for PS3"
****! they are after Refraction!
I coulhd sabotage ps2 emulation with my coding skills!
Wouldn't it help with the open sourced PCSX2 as well since you could use what you learn there to help the community out and as you said sabotage their own emulator while making PCSX2 better
They will probably use this to sell more games from PSN. I really doubt they would allow users to emulate any game on the ps3 by simply using an official emulator.
I hope I'm wrong
nothing good comes from this
Interest in games is optional, but experience developing for PS2 is essential?
Note no citation as to where he found that ad or any link to it.
Hard core Rikki
The ad expired so its not listed anymore. The veracity is easily verified but I dont think anyone took screenshots.
I'm not aware anyone serious took the offer or even considered to.