July 7th, 2012
Hello everyone. I released the new version of MemcardRex.
- Added Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V shortcuts for "Copy" and "Paste save from temp buffer" options respectively.
- Added support for *.VM1 Memory Cards.
- Added support for InterAct DexDrive (Thanks to Frédéric Brière for information).
- Icon size for save properties window can now be selected (Inspired by the Kubusleonidas' Memory Card editor).
- Simplified plugin interface (for programmer) but just as powerful.
- Application settings are now stored in the XML file format.
- GUI is now more consistent with the general usage guidelines.
- Updated "SpyroEdit" plugin to version 0.3.
- Bundled "MGSEdit 0.1" plugin, a Metal Gear Solid save editor.
You can get the application here: http://shendosoft.blogspot.com/
15 comments on "MemcardRex 1.6 released"
Hard core Rikki
Sweet. Time to sort back some memcards.
About the game-specific save editing plugins, are there more not included in this download? Thinking FF7/Parasite Eve 2, for example
Currently, I only made plugins for Spyro and MGS which are both included. I'm planning to add more through updates.
FF7 has a cool editor called "Black Chocobo". Would be a neat thing if the author implements the interface.
Users are of course free to make their own plugins (interface sample is in the "Plugins" directory).
Where's the source code? just kidding
Awesome release as usual
OK. ShendoXT ( Arlyvex, huh ), Now you don't get back here without the playstation emulator you are hidding behind your HDD. Understood ?
Btw: Arlyvex, heh. I guess the Internet does not forget.
And as I can see someone actually credited Arlyvex in the PlayStation research document, odd...
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but Exporting a save to RAW doesn't seem to work in MemcardRex 1.6. It brings up the save file dialog, but no matter that you name it, it never creates a file at all. Did I do something wrong? I have full permissions to read/write into the folder I'm trying to save into.
Can you attach the card and tell me what save are you trying to export?
Or, does it happen with all saves?
Because it works here, and as far as I can remember there were no changes to the export subsystem in the latest revision.
It doesn't seem to matter what memory card or save I use, but here's the one I was trying to use, for example.
exporting to raw just uses whatever you last selected here.
extension is not set correctly and the description in the ui is corrupt.
@Dax. Works fine with the card you provided. Does it happen on all export options or raw only?
@Squall-Lionh@rt: Windows save dialog sucks. "Auto extension" automatically adds the valid extension but only for files with preset extensions.
If there is no extension the last valid selection stays. I go around it by omitting extension upon writing the file for raw saves.
If by "UI description" you mean B?????????? that is normal. All raw saves have different names but with a minimum width and B at the beginning of a filename.